No matter how frequently you travel you will need a rolling luggage to fulfill all your needs. And it needs to be durable enough to roll over different terrains, right? But what to do with the wheels getting dirty repeatedly? Have you seen the dirty wheels resulting after every trip? Aren’t they annoying? Well, that’s true, and there is no confusion about it.
And you know what? The luggage wheels must be cleaned before you store them. The reason is that the wheels stop moving when incorporated with dirt and debris. Therefore you have to be careful. Let’s get right into the quick guide to help you know some effective methods of cleaning your luggage wheels efficiently. Let’s go ahead!
How Do You Clean Luggage Wheels?
When used on a trip, luggage wheels get dirty as they collect multiple kinds of dirt. Annoying, isn’t it? Well, that’s true. Moreover, the luggage will begin to sluggish while rolling, or it might squeak, and that’s even worse. Believe it or not, you will find it intimidating to take the same luggage on another trip.
Are you confused? Don’t worry! We have got you covered with our ultimate steps of cleaning the luggage wheels with minimum effort, and that’s truly a great deal for travelers.
Let’s dive in to see how to clean luggage effectively!
- Firstly remove the luggage rivets and locate the accessible screws.
- After that, you have to find the accurate size for the corresponding screws.
- Quite simply, not all luggage is the same as most use Philips screwdrivers or some of the luggage use flat screwdrivers. So it is crucial to find the correct size that fits appropriately for unscrewing.
- Once you got the crew out, efficiently slide the wheel out and push the bearing carefully.
- Don’t worry, as the bearings are easy to push out.
- Ensure you haven’t dropped the bearing down and don’t ever lose them
- Now clean all the bearing using a paper towel or any cloth.
- Clean each bearing by wiping the grime and debris out of it.
- But wait! Wait! don’t try to use water, especially on the bearings, as it will make the bearings worse
- Be careful when removing the dirt as it might not get inside the wheels bearing, so wipe it out gently.
- Once the bearings are clean, put them aside so they dry up completely
- Add a lubricant or something like oil to make it work
- Add at least 3 to 4 drops of a lubricant, so it becomes smooth
- Quickly wipe the entire bearing if they get extra creamy, as it can make it dirtier again
- Now you have to clean the wheels from the debris using a cloth with a little water and a detergent.
- You can spin the wheel effectively in response to the cloth, so it’s completely cleaned.
- Now go for pushing the bearings back into the place
- What’s next? Admittedly you need to put the wheels back and screw it the way they were before.
- Most times, wheels feature two sides, so it’s intimidating to tell which the interior side is. You have to try both sides, so the wheels are fixed appropriately.
- And guess what? Now the wheels will run faster and smoother as you desire.
How To Get Hair Out of Suitcase Wheels
Have you ever wondered how to remove mildews from suitcase wheels? Or do you know why hairs get stacked in the luggage wheels repeatedly? Aren’t you frustrated? To cope with all this mess, we will help you get the hair out of the suitcase wheels effectively.
The luggage wheels are prone to gather many hairs compared to other parts, and they are not much effortless to remove. But with this technique, you can effectively get them out.
- To start the process, you have to turn the luggage upside down, so the wheels face upwards. Ensure you do it carefully.
- Use a detergent with water and clean the wheels using a toothbrush. It is done to remove debris.
- Now use tweezers or a butter knife to remove the visible hairs. A butter knife can help you remove the hairs left inside the wheels. Drag the entire hair out.
- Clip hairs stuck inside the base using a nail clipper or anything with a curved end.
- What’s next? Keep clipping the hairs and, along with that, rotate the wheels. Do you know why? It will help you to get maximum hair out.
- You can use duct tape. Let’s dig a little deeper! Cut a considerable amount of tape and paste it around the wheelbase.
- Now push it harder.
- Lastly, drag the tape hard and get rid of the remaining hairs.
How To Lubricate Luggage Wheels
You may not understand the necessity of lubricating your wheels but trust me, it’s vital. Otherwise, the wheels become dry and make the smooth-rolling process worse. But don’t worry! Let us how you this way!
Follow the guide below to lubricate suitcase wheels reliably!
- Take a cloth or a paper towel. Pour a considerable amount of water and a detergent.
- Roll it against the luggage wheel and clean it until all the dirt is removed.
- You can use a clean cloth inside the wheels and roll them efficiently to get completely cleaned.
- Once you are done with all lubricate the wheels.
- Use a lubricant or a sewing machine oil to lubricate it perfectly
- Ensure to add only a few drops of lubricant, just as 3 to 4 drops as and not more than that. Got it? That’s because it makes it smooth.
- WD-40 is not preferable as it only works for a little time, making the wheels worse so you may avoid using it.
- Once you lubricate the luggage wheels, wipe it using a cloth so there’s no extra lubricant left as it can make the wheels dirty again.